Sangamon County Court Services Committee to consider several hires
The Sangamon County Court Services Committee was expected to approve several courthouse hires at its next meeting 5 p.m. Thursday.
The Sangamon County Court Services Committee oversees the budgets of the circuit clerk, circuit court and Juvenile Center, as well as the Adult Probation, Juvenile Probation and Public Defender Departments.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the committee.
COURT SERVICES COMMITTEE
JUNE 2, 2016
Chairman Calls Meeting to Order
Approval of the Minutes from May 5, 2016
Court Administration – Suzann Maxheimer
Court Services – Mike Torchia
· Approval to Travel for Mike Torchia to attend the American Probation and Parole
Conference in Cleveland, Ohio from August 27-31, 2016 in the amount to not
· Approval to Hire a Detention Supervisor at an annual salary of $53,812.00 to
$80,720.00. The current Detention Supervisor is retiring effective June 30, 2016 and
will be leaving the payroll on July 15, 2016.
· Approval to Hire a Probation Manager at an annual salary of $54,390.00 to
$84,613.00. This is a new position that was created as a result of reallocation of the
· Approval to Hire a Probation Officer at an annual salary of $37,506.00 to
$56,259.00. This position is being downgraded from a Senior Probation Officer
position to a Probation Officer position. A Senior Probation Officer from the Adult
Division transferred over to the Juvenile Division as a result of the vacant Senior
Probation Officer position. This Senior Probation Officer will be transferred
effective on 06/03/16.
Circuit Clerk – Paul Palazzolo/David Durall
· Approval to hire an Assistant Manager, Court Clerk Division, at an annual salary of
$30,000, effective July 6, 2016.
· Approval to hire a Court Clerk, at an annual salary of $26,374.72, effective July 6,
· Approval to hire a File Resource Pleadings Clerk, at an hourly salary of $11.01,
effective June 20, 2016. The position has been vacant since May 13, 2016.
· Approval to hire a seasonal employee at an hourly salary of $10.00, effective July 5,
Public Defender – Bob Scherschligt
Approval of Requisitions
Next Meeting Date
July 7, 2016 @ 5:00 ~ Bills to be signed 15th & 16th
Next County Board Meeting
July 12, 2016 @ 7:00 pm