Sherman trustees discuss efforts to remedy drainage problems at intersection
At a recent meeting, the Sherman Village Board discussed ongoing efforts to address drainage problems at Lost Tree Street and Meadowlands Drive.
The Sherman Village Board of Trustees includes six trustees and the village president, all of whom are elected from the village at-large. The board meets at 6 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month at Sherman Village Hall, 401 St. John Drive.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
Village of Sherman, Illinois
Trevor J. Clatfelter, Village President AGENDA
DATE: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 LOCATION: Sherman Village Hall, 401 St. John Drive, Sherman, Illinois 62684 TIME: 6:00 p.m. TYPE: Regular Meeting of the Sherman Village Board of Trustees
OPENING: President Trevor J. Clatfelter
1. Clerk: Roll Call 2. Pledge of Allegiance 3. Set Agenda
1. Presentation of Minutes and Approval (as necessary) a. Minutes of August 16, 2016 Regular Meeting 2. Presentation of Bills for Approval (as necessary)
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Stuenkel (1st meeting of each month)
1. Presentation of Treasurer’s Report by Treasurer Stuenkel for Approval
ENGINEERING REPORT: Village Engineer Kuhn
1. Capital Improvement Program Project
LEGAL REPORT: Village Attorney Jurgens
1. Update on efforts to address drainage problems at Lost Tree and Meadowlands Drive related to failure of the owner of Brookside Glen Pond to maintain the pond adequately
ZONING OFFICER REPORT: Trustee Zibutis
1. Public Hearing of the Zoning Board on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., at Sherman Village Hall, to he Variance Request submitted by Stephen and Theresa Calvert, seeking a variance of six feet to the rear yard setback from 20 feet to allow the construction of an addition to the home at 53 Woodsmill Road, to allow the homeowners to enclose their new in-ground swimming pool. Update on efforts to address drainage problems at Lost Tree and Meadowlands Drive related to failure of the owner of Brookside Glen Pond to maintain the pond adequately. Notice published in State Journal- Register August 27, 2016 and notice posted on the subject property and letters being sent to each of the adjacent property owners.
VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR / ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR REPORT: Administrator Swinford
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: President Clatfelter
1. Capital Improvement Plan – Financing Proposal acceptance and Awarding of
Contract 2. An Ordinance Authorizing and Providing for an Installment Purchase Agreement for the Purpose of Financing the Costs of Certain Capital Related Projects in and for the Village of Sherman, Sangamon County, Illinois, and Authorizing and Providing for the Issue of Not to Exceed $1,600,000 General Obligation Debt Certificates, Series 2016, of said Village Evidencing the Rights to Payment Under Such Agreement, Prescribing the Details of the Agreement and Certificates, and Providing Security for and Means of Payment Under the Agreement of the Certificates
COMMITTEE / DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
1. Trustee Zibutis – Building Permit Update
SHERMAN POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Chief Bangert
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY REPORT: Director Moos
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORT: Director Newton