Sherman Village Board considers several property-variance requests
At a meeting this week, the Sherman Village Board considered several property-variance requests.
The Sherman Village Board of Trustees includes six trustees and the village president, all of whom are elected from the village at large. The board meets at 6 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Sherman Village Hall, 401 St. John Drive.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
Bret Hahn, Trustee Krista Sherrock, Trustee Brian Long, Trustee Jay Timm, Trustee Kevin Schultz, Trustee Nancy Zibutis, Trustee
Village of Sherman, Illinois
DATE: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
LOCATION: Sherman Village Hall, 401 St. John Drive, Sherman, Illinois 62684 TIME: 6:00 p.m.
TYPE: Regular Meeting of the Sherman Village Board of Trustees
OPENING: President Trevor J. Clatfelter
1. Clerk: Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Set Agenda
1. Presentation of Minutes and Approval (as necessary)
a. Minutes of September 6, 2016 Regular Meeting
2. Presentation of Bills for Approval (as necessary)
TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Stuenkel (1st meeting of each month)
ENGINEERING REPORT: Village Engineer Kuhn
1. Update on the Capital Improvement Program Project
LEGAL REPORT: Village Attorney Jurgens
ZONING OFFICER REPORT: Trustee Zibutis
1. Recommendation of the Zoning Board of Appeals on the Public Hearing conducted on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., at Sherman Village Hall, to consider the Variance Request submitted by Stephen and Theresa Calvert, seeking a variance of six feet to the rear yard setback from 20 feet to allow the construction of an addition to the home at 53 Woodsmill Road, to allow the homeowners to enclose their new in-ground swimming pool.
2. Notice of Public Hearing of the Village of Sherman Zoning Board of Appeals on a Public Hearing to be conducted on Monday, October 3, 2016, starting at 6:00 p.m., at the Sherman Village Hall for the purpose of considering a petition submitted by Trevor J. & Michelle K. Clatfelter, for a setback variance of 10 feet for an irregular shaped lot identified as Parcel ID No. 06-36.0-350-001, Lot 85, in Steeplechase Fourth Addition in Sherman. If, for any reason the public hearing is unable to convene at 6:00 p.m., on Monday, October 3, 2016, the public hearing will convene at 5:30 p.m., on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, without further published notice. The hearing may be continued to another date by motion of the Zoning Board of Appeals at the hearing without further notice.
VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR / ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR REPORT: Administrator Swinford
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: President Clatfelter
1. Action on the recommendation of Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals following Public Hearing conducted on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., on petition submitted by Stephen and Theresa Calvert seeking a variance of six feet to the rear yard setback from 20 feet to allow the construction of an addition to the home at 53 Woodsmill Road, to allow the homeowners to enclose their new in-ground swimming pool. This property further identified as Parcel ID # 07-30.0-377-019, Lot 28 Birch Lake Estates (Final Plat listed under Fancy Creek Estates (Woods Mill Rd.) 2. Capital Improvement Plan – Financing Proposal 3. An Ordinance Establishing Weight Limits on Village Streets and Amending Section 7-1-6 of the Village of Sherman Code of Ordinances
COMMITTEE / DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
1. Trustee Zibutis – Building Permit Update
SHERMAN POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT: Chief Bangert
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY REPORT: Director Moos
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORT: Director Newton
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Pursuant to Section 5 ILCS 120/2 (c)(11)