Village of Sherman Board of Trustees met May 2.
Village of Sherman Board of Trustees met May 2.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Village Board in Attendance:
☑ Trevor J. Clatfelter, President
☑ Bret Hahn, Trustee
☑ Brian Long, Trustee
☑ Kevin Schultz, Trustee
☑ Krista Sherrock, Trustee
☑ Jay Timm, Trustee
☑ Nancy Zibutis, Trustee
Officials in Attendance:
John Swinford, Village Administrator & Acting Village Clerk; Mike Moos, Deputy Village Administrator & EMA Director; Angela Fyans-Jimenez, Legal; Don Cravens, Legal; Craig Bangert, Chief of Police; Chris Fulscher, Deputy Chief of Police; Sean Newton, Director of Public Works, Bruce Beal, Sewer Coordinator; Kevin Kuhn, Village Engineer and Jeremy Stuenkel, Treasurer.
Public in Attendance:
Mitch Brinkman (channel 20), Byron Painter (Sun-Times), Jeff Mitchell, Katie Hahn (LRS), Dan Rockford Family, Carrie and Mark Pennell, Tom and Christie Weiss, Rita Schultz, Brian Fraim, John Sherrock, Cale Sherrock, Cade Sherrock, Sara Guraltney, Denna Croup, Joyce Fuiten, Ty Vigale, Trey Zibutis, Bill Zibutis, Amelia Zibutis, Lynn Vignali, Donnie & Julie Richardson, Ann Corredato, Randy Burge and Sue Burge.
1. Roll Call – Mr. Moos conducted a roll call of village board members with all members present. President Clatfelter indicated a quorum.
2. Pledge of Allegiance – Trustees Zibutis and Sherrock led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Set Agenda - President Clatfelter asked the Board for nonvoting items to be added to the agenda. Nothing was brought to the Chairs attention, President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to set the agenda. Motion by Trustee Zibutis to Set the Agenda, seconded by Trustee Sherrock. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
Inauguration Of New Village Officials:
Prior to inauguration President Clatfelter announce a “thank you for your many years of service party” (Presidents Report #1). In addition, he introduced Trey Zibutis who made a special presentation to his mother Nancy on behalf of Bill (Nancy’s husband), Trey’s wife (Amelia) and children of a park bench with dedication plaque dedicated to Nancy’s many years of service to the Village.
Judge Troemper swore in each of the trustees:
1. Swear in of new Trustee, Pam Gray.
2. Swear in of new Trustee, Kim D. Rockford.
3. Swear in to his fifth term, Trustee Kevin Schultz.
A brief recess was made to permit a goodbye & welcome reception for outgoing trustees Zibutis and Sherrock and new/incumbent trustees Gray, Rockford and Schultz.
1. Roll Call – Mr. Moos conducted a roll call of village board members that now included the newly sworn members with all present. President Clatfelter indicated a quorum.
2. April 18, 2017 meeting minutes were presented for approval. Motion to approve the April 18, 2017 Minutes was made by Trustee Long, seconded by Trustee Timm. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (4 yes/2 abstentions as they were not seated members/0 nay). Motion Passed.
3. Presentation of Bills for Approval – President Clatfelter asked if there were any questions regarding the bills. Trustee Shultz inquired why the grinder pump rebates were going out late. Administrator Swinford indicated that the Clerk originally processed payments from the wrong funds. That needed to be fixed and everything now can be processed. Nothing further was brought to the Chairs attention, President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to pay the bills. Trustee Schultz made a Motion to Approve Payment of Bills, seconded by Trustee Hahn. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
President Clatfelter asked if there were any questions regarding the Treasurer’s report that was provided earlier electronically to the Board trustees. No questions were brought to the Chairs attention. President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to approve the report. Trustee Schultz made a Motion to Approve the Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Trustee Timm. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
Engineer Kuhn was present but needed to leave for another engagement. He had indicated to the President there was nothing new to report.
Village Attorney Angela Fyans-Jimenez indicated nothing new to report.
Zoning Officer Report:
Trustee Zibutis indicated nothing new to report.
Village Administrator / Economic Development Coordinator Report:
Administrator Swinford indicated nothing new to report.
1. President Clatfelter announced a “Thank You for Your Many Years of Service Party - Mayor Pro Tempore/Trustee Nancy Zibutis and Trustee Krista Sherrock”. It will be held on Sunday, June 11, 2017. It will be held at Farm Credit Services on Tipton School Road in Sherman from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. This will be an opportunity for the Village to thank these two trustees for their dedicated years of service.
2. Presentation by LRS and acceptance of proposal for new website. Mrs. Katie Hahn of LRS provided a summary of LRS’s recommendation for a mobile friendly, easier to administer and updated look for the Village website. Demonstrations were made to Administrators Swinford and Moos. Examples of sample websites were presented on the overhead screens to give an idea of the features and capabilities. President Clatfelter indicated it is time we update the website and asked if there was interest to set a motion. Trustee Timm made a Motion to Update the Website through a contract with LRS, seconded by Trustee Schultz. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
3. A Resolution to Surplus Apple iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi) Serial Number DMPRJJXQG5VW Gold to be presented to Trustee Zibutis and DMPRJDHBG5W0 Gold to be presented to Trustee Sherrock for their years of service to the Village. President Clatfelter indicated that these are intended as stated as a thank you to Nancy and Krista for their dedicated years of service and stated he would entertain a motion to that effect. Motion was made by Trustee Hahn to surplus the two trustee iPads and present them to the two trustees, seconded by Trustee Schultz. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it. Motion Passed.
Committee / Department Reports:
1. Building Permit Update No report.
2. Clean-Up Day Update President Clatfelter discussed due to water rising we might have to postpone the event. Trustee Timm will discuss with the waste hauler if we can postpone. Reminder to all that the Friends of Sherman Library plans to offer on the same day, from 9:00am to 12:00 noon, paper shredding.
Sherman Police Department Report:
Chief Bangert indicated nothing new to report.
Emergency Management Agency Report:
Director Mike Moos indicated nothing new to report from EMA but thanked the Board (as the Village Webmaster) for approving the update to the website as he felt it will permit him to do more and it will be friendlier for public use.
Department of Public Works Report:
Nothing new to report.
No new business to discuss.
No old business to discuss.
No civic organizations present.
Mr. Jeff Mitchel presented concerns to the Village Board about the Village drainage system quoting from numerous sources and document. Because he ran out of time allotted to him, President Clatfelter suggested that if he wishes to present further data and exact concerns he may do so to any board member via email.
Executive Session Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1):
President Clatfelter indicated to the public that the Village Board needed to convene Executive Session and that no action will be taken. Because of the Venue we are at he asked the room to be vacated. Motion to Move to Executive Session was made by Trustee Hahn, seconded by Trustee Long. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
Return from Executive Session:
Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and to return to Regular Session made by Trustee Schultz, seconded by Trustee Hahn. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed at 7:44.
Motion to adjourn was made by Trustee Long, seconded by Trustee Rockford. Voice Vote with Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm.