Sangamon County Executive Committee met May 8
Sangamon County Executive Committee met May 8.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
I. Call to Order
III. Pledge of Allegiance
IV. Roll Call
VI. Presentation by the Elks Club
VII. Presentation by Frontier International
VIII. Minutes of April 10, 2017
1. Resolution approving an Agreement of Understanding for maintenance.
2. Resolution appropriating Motor Fuel Tax Funds for the County Engineer's salary and expenses.
3. Resolution approving an agreement between Sangamon County and the Illinois Department of Transportation to transfer Surface Transportation Program Funds for state funds.
4. Resolution approving a right-of-way settlement with Parr Trust.
5. Resolution approving a right-of-way settlement with Barker Trust.
6. 2017-012-Adam & Cari Claussen, 5222 Turkey Run Road, Sherman — Granting a Variance. County Board Member - Lori Williams, District #8.
7. 2017-013-Jorge & Nancy Fahrenbacher, 3451 Pet Cemetery Road, SpringfieldGranting a Rezoning and Variances. County Board Member - Tom Madonia, Jr., District #9.
8. 2017-014 - John Kulek, 6151 Main Street, Salisbury - Granting a Variance. County Board Member - Tom Fraase, Jr., District #1.
9. 2017-015 - Ron Metzger, 600 Toronto Road, Springfield - Granting a Rezoning and Conditional Permitted Use. County Board Member- Brad Miller, District #13.
10. 2017-016 – Ember Clear d/b/a Lincoln Land Energy Center, LLC, Black Diamond & Ameren Road, Pawnee - Granting a Rezoning. County Board Member - Jeff Thomas, District #4.
11. 2017-017 - Troy Rodriguez, 9805 Palm Road, Glenarm - Denying a Rezoning and Granting a Use Variance. County Board Member - Pam Deppe, District #5
12. 2017-019 - Mike Sharp, 13996 Cotton Hill Road, Pawnee - Deny the Rezoning, Grant a Use Variance and Variances. County Board Member - Jeff Thomas, District #4
13. Resolution approving the designation of the Churchill Cemetery as a Sangamon County Historic Landmark.
14. Resolution authorizing an agreement with Sangamon County and Kim’s Autobody for vehicle body work repair services.
Waiver of Ten-Day Filing Period
15. Resolution approving an intergovernmental Agreement with the Circuit Clerk and the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services.
16. Resolution amending the Springfield/Sangamon County Enterprise Zone and establishing a Memorandum of Understanding for extension of Springfield/Sangamon County to certain property for a particular purpose.
X. Old Business
XI. New Business
-Sangamon County Water Reclamation District
-Fire Protection Districts
XII. Reports of County Officials
Reports of Standing Committees
Reports of Special Committees
XIII. Committee Report on Claims
The committee deferred discussion of the resolution extending the enterprise zone and the zoning for the proposed Ember Clear Power Plant to the end of the Executive Committee agenda.
The County Board agenda was discussed.
Reports from Committee Chairmen - none: due to the length of discussion on the power plant.
Report from County Administrator - McFadden discussed the proposed power plant project. He explained that the County Board will be asked to vote Tuesday night on an extension of the Springfield/Sangamon County Enterprise Zone, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Ember Clear and zoning for the proposed power plant. The MOU is lengthly and has much language regarding the intent of the parties involved. However, there are really two main enforceable provisions; First, a two year window for construction to begin on the power plant. If construction does not begin, the enterprise zone expansion will be decertified. Second, there is a requirement for a second and final MOU that will contain much more detail on the project and requirements on what needs to be done for the project to move forward. The enterprise zone extension and MOU will also need the approval of the Springfield City Council. McFadden summarized some of the concerns that the local residents have in regards to the project. He explained how the County Board Chairman plans to handle testimony, given the expectation of a large number of speakers.
Appointments - The committee reviewed the appointments & nominations
o Review Appointments for Boards & Commissions
o Review Nominations for Boards & Commissions
Old Business - no old business
Public Comment - no public comment
Upcoming Meeting Dates
Next Exec Meeting - June 12, 2017 (a) Noon
Next County Board-June 13, 2017 (a) 7:00pm
Adjournment - Tjelmeland made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Mendenhall.
Organizations in this Story
2300 S Dirksen Pkwy
Springfield, IL - 62764
200 S 9th St
Springfield, IL - 62701