Village of Shermon Village Board met September 5.
Village of Shermon Village Board met September 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
Village Board In Attendance:
☑ Trevor J. Clatfelter, President
☑ Pam Gray, Trustee
☑ Bret Hahn, Trustee
☑ Brian Long, Trustee
☑ Kim Rockford, Trustee
☑ Kevin Schultz, Trustee
☑ Jay Timm, Trustee
Officials In Attendance:
Michael Stratton, Village Administrator; Mike Moos, Deputy Village Administrator, Acting Village Clerk & EMA Director; Craig Bangert, Chief of Police; Bruce Beal, Sewer Coordinator and Jeremy Stuenkel, Treasurer.
Public In Attendance:
Karen Hoffek, Byron Painter, Maria Olson, Colleen Olson, Sandy Walden.
1. Roll Call – Mr. Moos conducted a roll call of village board members with all members present. President Clatfelter indicated a quorum was present.
2. Pledge of Allegiance – Maria Olson led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Set Agenda - President Clatfelter asked the Board for nonvoting items to be added to the agenda. Nothing was brought to the Chairs attention, President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to set the agenda. Motion by Trustee Hahn to Set the Agenda, seconded by Trustee Schultz. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
1. August 22, 2017 meeting minutes were presented for approval. Motion to approve the August 22, 2017 Minutes was made by Trustee Rockford, seconded by Trustee Schultz. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
2. Presentation of Bills for Approval – President Clatfelter asked if there were any questions regarding the bills. President Clatfelter and Treasurer Stuenkel indicated the bill for Ottobaum was approved to be paid but is being held until the new park punch list is completed and the Village Engineer is satisfied that all items were addressed. President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to pay the bills. Trustee Long made a Motion to Approve Payment of Bills, seconded by Trustee Timm. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
President Clatfelter asked if there were any questions regarding the Treasurer’s report that was provided earlier electronically to the Board trustees. No questions were brought to the Chairs attention. President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to approve the report. Trustee Schultz made a Motion to Approve the Treasurer’s Report, seconded by Trustee Gray. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
President Clatfelter indicated the engineer has an approved absence as there was nothing new to report.
President Clatfelter indicated legal counsel has an approved absence as there was nothing new to report.
Village Administrator / Economic Development Coordinator Report:
1. Building Permit Update Administrator Stratton presented that the update is now part of the Board Package that is emailed prior to each Board meeting. Trustee Schultz discussed that Good Shephard Lutheran Church is going to submit a building permit on their new addition. Administrator Stratton indicated the Village building permit has been received and forwarded plans to Architect and Engineer requesting one week to process so we can move this permit to approval.
2. Zoning Report Administrator Stratton indicated there is nothing new to report.
1. Resolution approving Intergovernmental Cooperative Contract with the Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association and the Village of Sherman. No questions or discussion from the Board other than they received the documentation. Chair indicated he would entertain a motion. Trustee Rockford made the Motion to Approve the Resolution Approving the IMLRA Intergovernmental Cooperative Contract, seconded by Trustee Hahn. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed.
2. Replacement of Damaged Decorative street lights at corner of Crossing Road near Casey’s. Mr. Bruce Beal discussed that the street light that was knocked down will be replaced and the trucking company’s insurance will cover the cost. The concern is the paired light will not match both in style and bulb type (old one is high pressure sodium; the new light will be LED). We could replace the old light (keeping for parts) or not worry of replacing it. If we buy two the second light would be discounted. Motion was made by Trustee Timm, to replace both lights at the cost of $1,500 a piece, seconded by Trustee Long. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it. Motion Passed (6/0).
Committee / Department Reports:
Trustee Long indicated that the new carpet for the Batting Cages has been installed by Public Works and looks good.
Sherman Police Department Report:
Chief Bangert indicated nothing new to report.
Emergency Management Agency Report:
Director Mike Moos indicated that the Illinois Emergency Management Agency has notified him that his Illinois Professional Emergency Manager Certification was approved and renewed for another three years.
Department Of Public Works Report:
Mr. Beal indicated there was nothing further to report.
No new business to discuss.
No old business to discuss.
No civic organizations present.
1. Mrs. Karen Hoffek asked when the restrooms at the new park can be opened to the public? President Clatfelter indicated that one set will be opened starting tomorrow with typically the hours of locked/unlocked being dusk/dawn.
2. Mrs. Sandy Waldon asked if the Board received the pictures from her of the forest that is growing next door. Has anything been done to talk to the owner. There is an ordinance why is it not being pursued? Mentioned the app that tracks things in the village is not being used and that the police department is no longer tracking of fuel and maintenance?
No Executive Session was held.
Motion to adjourn was made by Trustee Hahn, seconded by Trustee Rockford. Voice Vote with Ayes having it (6/0). Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 6:18 pm.