Village of Shermon VIllage Board met September 19.
Village of Shermon Village Board met Oct. 19.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
VILLAGE BOARD IN ATTENDANCE
Trevor J. Clatfelter, President
Pam Gray, Trustee
Bret Hahn, Trustee
Brian Long, Trustee
Kim Rockford, Trustee
Kevin Schultz, Trustee
Jay Timm, Trustee
OFFICIALS IN ATTENDANCE
Michael Stratton, Village Administrator; Mike Moos, Deputy Village Administrator, Village Clerk & EMA Director and Craig Bangert, Chief of Police.
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Colleen Olson, Sandy Walden, Josh Carter, John Miller and Paul Palazzolo.
1. Roll Call – Mr. Moos conducted a roll call of village board members. Trustee Long has an excused absence. President Clatfelter indicated a quorum was present.
2. Pledge of Allegiance – Mr. Paul Palazzolo led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Set Agenda - President Clatfelter asked the Board for nonvoting items to be added to the agenda. Nothing was brought to the Chairs attention, President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to set the agenda. Motion by Trustee Hahn to Set the Agenda, seconded by Trustee Timm. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it (5/0). Motion Passed.
1. Minutes for approval. Motion to approve the September 5, 2017 Minutes was made by Trustee Gray, seconded by Trustee Timm. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (5/0). Motion Passed.
2. Presentation of Bills for Approval – President Clatfelter asked if there were any questions regarding the bills. Nothing being said, President Clatfelter indicated he would entertain a motion to pay the bills. Trustee Hahn made a Motion to Approve Payment of Bills, seconded by Trustee Schultz. Roll Call Vote with the Ayes having it (5/0). Motion Passed.
No Treasurer’s Report during the second meeting of the month.
President Clatfelter indicated the engineer has an approved absence as there was nothing new to report.
President Clatfelter indicated legal counsel has an approved absence as there was nothing new to report.
VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR / ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR REPORT
Administrator Stratton indicated there is nothing new to report.
1. Recognition, Community Contribution by Kim & Jim Butler – This item was tabled by President Clatfelter as the Butlers were not able to be present at the meeting.
2. Proclamation – September as National Passport Month – President Clatfelter recognized that Sangamon County Clerk Paul Palazzolo was present and invited him to explain the purpose of the proclamation and to be available to answer questions. Mr. Palazzolo provided a brief explanation of the effort at the federal government level and to challenge the Village to have residents sign up for passports. Motion was made by Trustee Schultz, to have a Proclamation declaring September as National Passport Month, seconded by Trustee Rockford. Voice Vote with the Ayes having it. Motion Passed (5/0).
COMMITTEE / DEPARTMENT REPORTS
President Clatfelter indicated there were no committee or department reports for tonight.
SHERMAN POLICE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Bangert indicated nothing new to report.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY REPORT
Director Mike Moos indicated nothing new to report
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS REPORT
President Clatfelter indicated public works has an approved absence as there was nothing new to report.
No new business to discuss.
No old business to discuss.
No civic organizations present.
Page 3 of 3
No persons of the public wished to talk.
No Executive Session was held.
Motion to adjourn was made by Trustee Gray, seconded by Trustee Rockford. Voice Vote with Ayes having it (5/0). Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 6:10pm.
Organizations in this Story
401 Saint John Drive
Sherman, IL - 62684