Village of Chatham Committee of the Whole met December 12.
Village of Chatham Committee of the Whole met Dec. 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the Committee:
A. Call to Order
1. Roll Call
Present: Trustee Fountain, Gerger, Mann, Mau (present for half of the meeting), Scherschel, Lindhorst, and Village President Kimsey.
Others present: Clerk Dahlkamp, Village Administrator McCarthy, Police Chief Foli, and Attorney Jurgens.
2. Public Comments Agenda Topics
There were no public comments on agenda topics.
B. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Minutes of the Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 CMW meeting
Trustee Mann moved, seconded by Trustee Scherschel to put the consent agenda on the table for action. The consent agenda was passed 6 yes, 0 no, and 0 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Scherschel yes, Gerger yes, Lindhorst yes, Fountain yes, and Mau yes.
C. Old Business
1. A RESOLUTION APPROVING AN AGREEMENT WITH SUNDOWN ONE FOR MULTI-MEDIA UPGRADES TO THE VILLAGE HALL BOARDROOM
Tyler from Sundown One came and presented the projected changes to the Village Hall Boardroom. He answered any questions board members inquired.
D. New Business
1. ITEP and ADA Transition Plan Updates
The ITEP application was submitted on December 1st. The Village should hear in the spring time regarding the submission. The ADA Transition Planning Committee are currently working on a transition plan.
2. CMT Engineering Updates
Jim Michael came and updated the board on CMT engineering updates. HSHS, Dominoes Pizza, and the new storage unit off of Mansion Road are going well. The Pavement Rating System is being conducted while looking at past MFT projects. Jim told the board it was estimated that it would cost around $28 million dollars to bring all of the roads to a level 10 (highest rating) on a rating scale of 1 (lowest road condition) to 10. In discussion of the roads, he spoke about being realistic and beginning to prioritizing which roads need work that serve a majority of the population. Currently, the average rating for the roads overall are at a 5 or 6. Tank painting improvement logistics are in the works and getting ready to move forward. Bill Brown came to the meeting and updated the board on the Chatham Water Progress Update. He passed out a packet that explained the process he is overseeing as the Village's consulting engineer.
3. Zoning Board of Appeals public hearing and recommendation for CUSD #5 scoreboard height variance
From the Zoning Board of Appeals public hearing, 4 voted yes and 2 voted no. The trustees wanted verification on if there would be advertisement on the backside of the scoreboard that would be visible from Plummer. If there are no issues, the board is okay with passing this for approval after clarifying questions are answered. This will be reported back to everyone at the next Committee of the Whole.
4. Sons of American Revolution Officer Recognition
Drew Robinson from the Sons of American Revolution came and recognized Officer Pearce for his countless dedication to keeping everyone in the community safe.
5. Recognition Award for Dr. Gary Minder and Officer James Richards
Police Chief Foli presented an award to Dr. Gary Minder and Officer James Richards for the care of now retired K-9 dog, Bella. Minder and his staff at the veterinary clinic provided free health care to Bella while she was employed through the Village 2010-2017. Bella will now spend her retirement living with Officer Richards and his family.
6. VILLAGE OF CHATHAM SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
An updated sexual harassment policy was presented. This will be on the consent agenda for the December 26th Regular Board Meeting for passing.
7. AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING PROVISIONS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OFFICIAL & EMPLOYEE’S ETHICS ACT, INCLUDING ADOPTION OF A SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY AND REPEAL OF CERTAIN ETHICS PROVISIONS
An updated sexual harassment ordinance was presented. This will be on the consent agenda for the December 26th Regular Board Meeting for passing.
8. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE VILLAGE CODE PROVISIONS ON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES REGARDING OPERATING HOURS UNTIL 1 A.M. ON THANKSGIVING DAY
Title above explains the Ordinance presented. This ordinance will be on the consent agenda for the December 26th Regular Board Meeting for passing.
9. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE VILLAGE CODE PROVISIONS TO ALLOW THE PERMITTING OF FIREWORK DISPLAYS
An ordinance was discussed to allow and permit firework displays. This will be further discussed at the Committee of the Whole meeting in January.
10. Public Comments Village Business
Shamsher Amer- The owner of the BP in Chatham inquired about adding more gaming machines on his property. The Trustees requested he go over the qualifications for this with Village Administrator McCarthy.
E. Schedule of Meetings
1. January 16th ADA Transition Plan Meeting 6 PM Municipal Hall
2. January 18th Planning Commission Meeting 6 PM Municipal Hall
3. January 23rd Regular Board Meeting 6 PM Municipal Hall
F. Closed Session (There was NO Executive Session this evening)
1. Personnel under 2(c)(1)
2. Collective Negotiating Matter (2)(c)(2)
3. Selection/Discipline/Removal of Appointed Officers 2(c)(3)
4. Litigation under 2(c)(11)
Trustee Mann moved, Trustee Lindhorst seconded to adjourn the meeting. This was approved by Voice Vote.