Sangamon County Court Services Committee met Aug. 1.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Purchase Order No. 2019.0801.06-Dell Computers for 24 computers at a total cost of $25,156.86
State's Attorney - Dan Wright
1. Approval to Hire an Assistant State's Attorney-Chief of Traffic/Misdemeanor Division at an annual salary of up to $76,000 effective on or after 8/14/19. Previously filled by Rich Kim.
2. Approval to Hire an Assistant State's Attorney-Child Support Division at an annual salary of up to $47,000 effective on or after 8/14/19. Previous employee left this position on 5/31/18.
3. Approval to Hire an Assistant State's Attorney-Fellowship at an annual salary of $40,000 effective on or after 8/14/19. Previous employee left the position on 3/14/16.
4. Pre-Travel Approval for Megan McCarthy to attend the Illinois State's Attorney Appellate Prosecutor Basic Trial Advocacy Program in Naperville, IL from 9/22-9/27/19 at a cost of $1,465.00.
5. Purchase Order No. 081319-Thompson Reuters-West for online continuing legal education classes at a cost of $3576
Public Defender – Bob Scherschligt
Circuit Clerk - Paul Palazzolo/David Durall
1. Purchase Order No. 2019-08-01-01-Modern Mailing & Printing for carbonless forms at a cost of $12,000.
2. Approval to Hire a Records Pleadings Clerk, part time at an hourly rate of $11.43 effective 8/26/19. Previous employee left the position on 7/25/19.
3. Approval to Hire a Records Info Specialist-Phone Center at an annual salary of $27,385.19 effective 9/3/19. Previous employee left the position on 7/31/19.
Court Services - Mike Torchia
1. Approval to Hire a Probation Officer at an annual salary of $38,870 effective 10/1/19 This is a new position that is 100% funded by a US Department of Justice grant,
2. Approval to Hire a Detention Officer at an annual salary of $42,689 effective 8/19/19. The previous employee left the position on 1/15/19.
3. Notice to Court Services Committee of an emergency approval from the Chief Judge to utilize probation fees to purchase lunch for Judges and ICJIA for a site visit business meeting on August 6, 2019.
4. Approval of a grant approval and resolution for Director Torchia to go before the Finance Committee and the County Board to obtain approval to apply for a Prison Rape Elimination Act planning/implementation grant through US Department of Justice-Bureau of Justice Assistance in the amount of $20,000 to $200,000. There is 100% matching funds.
Purchase Reports Approval
• Procurement/Grant Notifications (report only)
Next Meeting Date
September 5, 2019 @ 5:00
Next County Board Meeting
August 13, 2019 @ 7:00 pm