Village of Greenview Village Board met July 1
Village of Greenview Village Board met July 1.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Patrick Feagans, Raymond VanCleve, Norman Hofmann, Joseph Wohler, Roy Lee, and Sarah Heavner were present. Other village personnel present were Police Chief John Holt, Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Village Clerk Monica Brumm and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
Representative’s from A-Team Disposal were present advising the board that they are now servicing Greenview.
Ann Broch representing the CIA board, wanting to see if they would be able to place their 10x14 storage shed somewhere on Village Property. Advised it was on skids. Was advised it would be discussed and the board would get back with her.
Ken Ratliff gave the maintenance report. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Wohler. Report approved and filed into record.
John Holt gave the police report. A motion was made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the June 17th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Hofmann and seconded by Trustee Lee to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on purchasing a new computer for the police department, will place on agenda for a vote at the next meeting.
2. Discussion was had on a city-wide camera system. Decided that due to cost there was no justification for the system.
3. Discussion was had on a community recycle bin. Area Disposal was the only company that had a bin available, the cost was $500 per month and it would not be dumped every month, maybe just every other month. So was decided not to pursue at this point with Area Disposal.
4. Paperwork for the trading of property for the wastewater treatment plant is in the process and discussion was had on waiving any future hearing fees and costs when the property needs to be re-zoned. A vote will put on the agenda for the next meeting.
1. A request was made for increasing part-time police officer’s pay from $12 per hour to $15 per hour. This will be placed on the agenda to vote on at the next meeting.
2. Discussion was had on allowing the CIA to place the storage shed on the Village Hall property. Was decided the only place the village they would have would be at the filter plant. Someone suggested possibly at the school.
3. A motion was made by Trustee Hofmann and seconded by Trustee Feagans to accept the loan agreement for interim financing with Alliance Bank for the wastewater treatment plant.
4. Discussion was had on the letter that will be sent out by The Village and Woodard and Curran Engineering regarding the septic system survey. Letter should be sent out by the end of July.
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Wohler: Spoke with surveyor and they will be surveying the ditch at the school to see if there’s anything that can be done there to help with the drainage there.
Trustee Lee: The form for Citizen of The Year will be going in the paper soon.
Trustee Hofmann: Park committee met, and they are working on fundraising ideas.
Treasurer: Water contract expires on August 20, 2019. Discussion was had on checking accounts and Alliance Bank. Discussion had on budget being finalized by the next meeting.
Clerk: Verified that there is an ordinance, no livestock within city limits, which includes chickens. Discussion has on renewing membership to Landmark Illinois.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm