Analysis: Rochester CUSD tops local peers with 35% of students passing annual tests
Rochester Community Unit School District 3A had the highest rate – 34.8 percent – of students locally who passed the annual state assessments this year, according to a Sangamon Sun analysis of Illinois State Board of Education data.
Of the 10 districts in Sangamon County, Riverton Community Unit School District 14 had the highest rate of students in the state who fell below standards on the annual tests with 76.9 percent.
Statewide, 34 percent of students met or exceeded expectations. The remaining 66 percent did not meet, partially met or approached expectations.
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assesses a student’s aptitude in math and English language arts for elementary to junior level of high school and is based on the Common Core State Standard principles. Illinois is one of eight states participating in PARCC as a means to measure a student’s preparedness for higher education.
The scores – a composite derived from the combined results of the Math and English tests – reveal whether a student is or is not ready for the next level. Student scores either “did not meet,” “partially met,” “approach,” “met” or “exceeded” expectations. Any student who meets or exceeds expectations is considered ready for the next level.
|District||County||Enrollment||Percent of students ready for the next level|
|Rochester Community Unit School District 3A||SANGAMON||2321||34.8|
|Tri-City Community Unified School District 1||SANGAMON||623||33.9|
|Pleasant Plains Community Unit School District 8||SANGAMON||1305||33.8|
|New Berlin Community Unit School District 16||SANGAMON||899||33.7|
|Williamsville Community Unit School District 15||SANGAMON||1454||33.6|
|Ball Chatham Community Unit School District 5||SANGAMON||4658||31.6|
|Pawnee Community Unit School District 11||SANGAMON||625||26.4|
|Auburn Community Unit School District 10||SANGAMON||1414||25.9|
|Springfield School District 186||SANGAMON||14367||25.6|
|Riverton Community Unit School District 14||SANGAMON||1425||23.1|
*Source: Illinois State Board of Education
Organizations in this Story
PO Box 260
Ashland, IL - 62612
4 Rocket Dr
Rochester, IL - 62563