Village of Chatham Village Board met August 13
Village of Chatham Village Board met Aug. 13.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
A. Call to Order
1. Moment of Silence
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
Present: Trustee Chiaro, Mann, Mau, Detmers, Scherschel, and Village President Kimsey. Absent: Trustee Gerger (out of town for work obligations)
Others present: Clerk Dahlkamp, Attorney Jurgens, Police Officer Pearce, and Village Administrator McCarthy.
4. Public Announcements
Craig Olson, Chatham Jaycee Member- Presented a $3,500 check to the Chatham Police Crime Prevention Fund on behalf of the Chatham Jaycees. He also notified the board that the Jaycees will be applying for a liquor license on September 21st for Paw-A-Palooza (funds go toward Chatham Dog Park) and September 28th the Chatham Jaycees Octoberfest.
Commander of the American Legion- Presented the Village Police Department a $1,000 check for working the Chatham Homecoming.
5. Public Comments Agenda Topics
Darlene Judd- Warrants clarification question.
B. Consent Agenda
1. Regular Village Board Meeting Minutes from Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019.
2. Warrants Resolution 45-19
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Chiaro to put the consent agenda on the table for action. The consent agenda passed 5 yes, 0 no, and 1 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, Scherschel yes, and Gerger absent.
C. Old Business
There was no old business this evening.
D. New Business
1. AN ORDINANCE APPROVING THE PURCHASE OF TWO ZERO GRADE TURN MOWERS FROM SPRINGFIELD MOWERS, Ordinance 19-23
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Mann to put the ordinance on the table. Ordinance 19-23 passed 5 yes, 0 no, and 1 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, Scherschel yes, and Gerger absent.
2. Public Comments Village Business
There were no public comments on village business for this portion of the meeting.
E. Schedule of Meetings
1. Committee of the Whole 6:15 PM Municipal Hall August 13, 2019
2. Planning Commission 6:00 PM Municipal Hall August 15, 2019
3. ADA Transition Plan Committee 6:00 pm Municipal Hall August 20, 2019
4. Chatham Fire & Police Commission Meeting - August 21, 2019 5:30 PM
5. Village Board 6:00 PM Municipal Hall August 27, 2019
6. Public Properties & Recreation Commission Meeting Municipal Hall 6:00 PM September 9, 2019
7. Utility Oversight Subcommittee Meeting Municipal Hall 6:00 PM October 14, 2019
F. Closed Session (NO Closed Session this Evening)
1. Personnel under 2(c)(1)
2. Collective Negotiating Matter (2)(c)(2)
3. Litigation under 2(c)(11)
Trustee Detmers moved, seconded by Trustee Mann to adjourn the meeting. This passed by voice vote at 6:08 PM.