Village of Greenview Village Board met Aug. 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Raymond VanCleve, Norman Hofmann, Joseph Wohler, and Sarah Heavner were present. Other village personnel present were Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Police Chief John Holt, Village Clerk Monica Brumm and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
No public participation
Ken Ratliff gave the maintenance report. A motion was made by Trustee Wohler and seconded by Trustee Hofmann. Discussion was had that Maguire Iron would be here in September for the maintenance on the water tower. Report approved and filed into record.
Chief John Holt gave the police report. A motion was made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Wohler to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the July 15th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee VanCleve and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. A motion was made by Trustee Wohler and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve the annual Labor Day StreetFest to be moved to Saturday night and the band is allowed to play until 11:00 pm. All present in favor voted aye.
1. A motion was made by Trustee VanCleve and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve the removal of the 3 worst trees that are close to the playground in the park. All present in favor voted aye, motion passed.
2. Discussion was had on the sewer committee meeting and getting a sewer ordinance drawn up. An update was given on the sewer project.
3. Trustee Heavner gave an update and discussion was had on the bids she received on the water tower maintenance. The current companies contract expires August 20th and will automatically renew unless a 10 day written notice is given.
4. Discussion was had on locating the dumpster for Labor Day Celebration on the north side of Village Hall, this dumpster is provided by the Village and is to be used for all the Labor Day festivities.
5. Discussion was had on possible waivers for the Wrestling Company and Wrestlers since they will be on Village property.
6. Discussion was had on the renewal of Animal Control Contract. A vote will be taken at the next meeting.
7. Discussion on when to have the first meeting in September since Labor Day is the first Monday.
Trustee Feagans: Abesent
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Wohler: Nothing
Trustee Lee: Absent
Trustee Hofmann: Park committee will be meeting Wednesday night.
Clerk: Gave water billing report for the month of July.
Meeting adjourned at 7:52 pm