Village of Chatham Village Board met July 9
Village of Chatham Village Board met July 9.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
A. Call to Order
1. Moment of Silence
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
Present: Trustee Chiaro, Mann, Mau, Detmers, Gerger, Scherschel, and Village President Kimsey.
Others present: Clerk Dahlkamp, Attorney Moredock, Police Chief Foli, and Village Administrator McCarthy.
4. Public Announcements
Les Morgan- Stated the 4th of July reading of the Declaration of Independence was a success with over 150 people attending.
5. Public Comments Agenda Topics
Jewel Osburn- Concerns regarding the Vandevanter Engineering resolution. Requested prevailing wage for this job.
Bonnie Bileck- Warrants concerns.
Darlene Judd- Questions about the lease of the mini excavator. Booster pump station question.
B. Consent Agenda
1. Regular Village Board Meeting Minutes from Tuesday, June 25th, 2019.
2. Warrants Resolution 40-19
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Chiaro to bring the consent agenda to the table for action. The consent agenda passed 6 yes, 0 no, and 0 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Gerger yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, and Scherschel yes.
C. Old Business
There was NO old business this evening.
D. New Business
1. PY-2020 Transportation Planning Agreement between SSCRPC and the Village of Chatham
Trustee Scherschel moved, seconded by Trustee Detmers to accept this agreement. The agreement passed 6 yes, 0 no, and 0 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Gerger yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, and Scherschel yes.
2. A RESOLUTION APPROVING AN AGREEMENT WITH VANDEVANTER ENGINEERING FOR THE PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF A WASTER BOOSTER PUMP STATION, Resolution 41-19
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Detmers to bring the resolution to the table for action. Resolution 41-19 passed 6 yes, 0 no, and 0 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Gerger yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, and Scherschel yes.
3. AN ORDINANCE APPROVING A LEASE AGREEMENT WITH MARTIN EQUIPMENT FOR THE LEASE OF A MINI EXCAVATOR, Ordinance 19-19
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Mann to bring the ordinance to the table for action. Ordinance 19-19 passed 6 yes, 0 no, and 0 absent as follows: Trustee Mann yes, Gerger yes, Chiaro yes, Detmers yes, Mau yes, and Scherschel yes.
4. Public Comments Village Business
Darlene Judd- Questions about contracts/raises for village employees.
Andrea Parker- Wants to know board thought process when voting on items at meetings.
E. Schedule of Meetings
1. Committee of the Whole 6:15 PM Municipal Hall July 9, 2019
2. ADA Transition Plan Committee 6:00 pm Municipal Hall July 16, 2019
3. Planning Commission 6:00 PM Municipal Hall July 18, 2019
4. Village Board 6:00 PM Municipal Hall July 23, 2019
5. Public Properties & Recreation Commission Meeting Municipal Hall 6:00 PM September 9, 2019
6. Utility Oversight Subcommittee Meeting Municipal Hall 6:00 PM August 12, 2019
7. Chatham Fire & Police Commission Meeting - August 21, 2019 5:30 PM
F. Closed Session (No Closed Session during the Regular Board Meeting)
1. Personnel under 2(c)(1)
2. Collective Negotiating Matter (2)(c)(2)
3. Litigation under 2(c)(11)
Trustee Mau moved, seconded by Trustee Chiaro to adjourn the meeting. This was passed by voice vote at 6:18 PM.