Village of Divernon Board of Trustees met December 12
Village of Divernon Board of Trustees met Dec. 12.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The regular meeting of the Village of Divernon Board of Trustees was held on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at the Divernon Village Hall. Village President Jim Copelin called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. After the Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all in attendance, Clerk Rod Molnar called roll: Jim Copelin “Here”, Craig Busch “Here”, Wayne Jones “Here”, Melissa Layton “Here”, Larry Baer “Here”, Derek Hedges “Here”, Dianne Brenning “Here”. Also in attendance were Superintendent Jeremy Rhodes, Treasurer Christine Nichols, and Police Chief Jason Martin.
A motion was made by Baer and seconded by Hedges to approve the minutes of November 28, 2018. The motion passed 6-0.
Brenning presented the Village bills with a motion that they be approved. Baer seconded and the motion carried 6-0.
Mike Spears of the Auburn Youth Baseball and Softball Association was in attendance. The organization would like to use MacMurray Park this summer. He had questions concerning the maintenance and costs associated with its use. He will work with Superintendent Rhodes regarding questions. The Board would like to see the field used more.
David Catlin of Maddy’s Tavern was in attendance to request that the bar be allowed to remain open one extra hour on New Year’s Eve. A motion was made by Hedges and seconded by Layton to approve the request. The motion carried 6-0.
Superintendent Rhodes reported that the first water line break of the winter had been repaired. Police:
Chief Martin reported that he is working with Hedges on the Police Policy and Procedures Manual. Brad Herzog will begin working as a part time officer. He is currently full time in Pawnee. Martin would like the Board to consider hiring one or two individuals and put them through the part time academy. They would be required to fulfill a two year commitment to the Village in return. The cost of the academy is $2000.00 but upon completion the State of Illinois would reimburse the Village. Martin will have a spreadsheet of costs to present at the next meeting.
Zoning, TIF, Building Permits:
Copelin reported that there was nothing new to report on the old gas station properties. The annual TIF Joint Review Board meeting was held earlier this evening.
Public Utilities, Water, Sewer and Gas:
Office Manager Heather Rideout supplied the Board with options to consider with rental property when a tenant moves out in the middle of the month. Currently both the tenant and the landlord receive a bill that is at least the minimum charge. No action was taken. A motion was made by Jones and seconded by Baer to approve one request for a utility adjustment. The motion passed 6-0. Treasurer Nichols recently spoke with Lindsay Enloe of United Gas Management. He explained the billing procedure when the Village begins the new natural gas agreement in that is anticipated to begin in July of 2019. There was a discussion on whether the savings realized by the Village could be passed on to the customer or should be put into the Infrastructure Fund to be used for maintenance on the gas system. No decision was made at this time.
Finance, Personnel, GIS:
Nothing to report.
Public Safety, Health and Safety:
Nothing to report.
Public Works, Streets, Alleys and Sidewalks:
Nothing to report.
Village Communication/Building Grounds and Lights, Parks:
Busch reported that the domain of the website would transfer from the old to the new site on January 1, 2019.
Molnar reported that Lisa Powell had rejected the counter offer of the Village of $3500.00 to purchase the property at 333 South State Street. The State Street properties will be put out for bid again.
Motion by Hedges to adjourn at 8:47 p.m.