Village of Greenview Village Board met Oct. 7.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
The Greenview Village Board met for a regular scheduled board meeting on Monday, October 7th, 2019. President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees Roy Lee, Patrick Feagans, and Sarah Heavner were present. Other village personnel present were Police Chief John Holt, Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Village Clerk Monica Brumm and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
No public participation
Ken Ratliff gave the maintenance report. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Feagans to approve report. Report approved and filed into record. Discussion was had on the wooden playground equipment needing to be fenced off because needs replaced and is in bad shape.
Chief John Holt gave the police report. A motion was made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Lee to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the September 16th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Heavner to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on hiring a new Zoning/Nuisance Compliance Officer. Will run an add on social media to try to fill the position.
2. Discussion had on letting the Greenview Fire Department hang a banner for their Queen of Hearts Banner fundraiser on the welcome sign on the North end of town. All present in favor voted aye. Passed.
1. Discussion had on letting the Greenview Fire Department hang a banner for their Queen of Hearts Banner fundraiser on the welcome sign on the North end of town. All present in favor voted aye. Passed.
2. Discussion on what to do with grass clippings. Was advised that residents may take their grass clippings down to the tree dump, but they are not allowed to burn the clippings.
3. Christmas decorations was tabled until the next meeting
4. The school is wanting to light the Christmas Tree on 12/07/19 at 6 pm. All present in favor voted aye. Passed.
5. Halloween hours were discussed and set. Trick-or-Treaters may go to homes with porch lights lit on 10/31/19 from 5-8 pm.
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Absent
Trustee Wohler: Absent
Trustee Lee: Would like to start implementing a work order system for the Village Employees to help with maintaining accurate records.
Trustee Hofmann: Absent
Treasurer: Auditors will be here October 24, 2019.
Clerk: Discussed that the Volunteer Park Committee and the Presbyterian Church will be hosting a Scarecrow Festival 10/27/19 from 12-2pm. Completely free event for residents to help say thank you for all the support in purchasing the new playground equipment. Advised that an employee’s health insurance is now coming out monthly of paycheck. Advised that we received a bid for purchasing equipment for 2 new cameras to have inside Village Hall for $680. Discussion had on where things stand with the Brandt trade and the information obtained from the lawyer regarding the Dollar General annexation.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm
At the conclusion of all business, the announcement of the next meeting was made. The next meeting will be held on Monday October 7th, 2019 at 7:00 pm.