Sangamon County Court Services Committee met Jan. 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
Chairman Calls Meeting to Order
Approval of the Minutes December 2, 2019
New Business Department Updates:
Court Administration - Suzann Maxheimer
Public Defender - Bob Scherschligt
1. Approval to Replace an Assistant Public Defender I or II at an annual salary range of $46,000 to 55,000 effective 1/27/20. The previous employee left the position on 12/20/19.
2. Approval to Hire three (3) Assistant Public Defender III at an annual salary of $65,000 effective 2/3/20. These are new positions,
3. Purchase Order-Killian & Associates for forensic exams at a cost of $10,000.
4. Purchase Order & County Board Resolution-Dr. Philip Pan for forensic exams at a cost of $40,000.
Circuit Clerk - Paul Palazzolo/David Durall
1. Approval to Hire a Court Clerk at an annual salary of $29,630.80/$15.1953 effective 2/10/20. Previous employee left the position on 1/2/20.
State's Attorney - Dan Wright
1. Approval to renew a grant (w/ County Board Resolution) from the Violent Crime Victim Assistance (VCVA) for the victim/witness advocate program in the amount of $31,000 with no matching funds required.
Court Services - Mike Torchia/Terry Moore
1. Purchase Order-Staples Business Advantage for office supplies for the Court Services Department in the amount of $8,577.
Purchase Reports Approval
• Procurement/Grant Notifications (report only)
• Emergency PO approved by Brian McFadden in the amount of $9,500 to FWAI Architect, Inc. for architect and engineering services at the non-secure area of the Juvenile Detention Center to look at the possibility of the Community Recovery Center for the Safety and Justice Challenge grant.
Next Meeting Date
February 6, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Next County Board Meeting
January 14, 2020 @ 7:00 pm