St. John's Hospital Springfield Illinois issued the following announcement on Jan. 20.
Sue Curry, a cardiovascular technician, was named HSHS St. John’s Hospital Colleague of the Year today at the hospital’s annual colleague of the year luncheon. Sue was selected from the 2019 colleagues of the month.
Sue was the 2019 August Colleague of the Month. She was nominated by her peers for this honor. “Sue comes to work every day with a smile on her face. She greets everyone she meets and makes everyone feel like they are special. Patients, families and colleagues absolutely love her. Whenever we need coverage, she’s always willing to pick up a shift or work different hours,” read her nominations.
“St. John’s Hospital applauds Sue Curry for living the mission of the hospital daily. She demonstrates our core values of respect, care, competence and joy. It is colleagues like her that make St. John’s a great place to work and receive care. St. John’s cares and so does Sue,” said E.J. Kuiper, president and CEO, HSHS St. John’s Hospital.
HSHS St. John’s Hospital employs more than 3000 colleagues.
Sue’s fellow colleagues of the month were:
• January - Robert Spain, administrative assistant, security
• February - Tisa Andruskevitch, credentialing specialist, medical staff
• March - Katie Impson, programs and events, CMN
• April - Donnie Rhoades, special procedure tech II, radiology
• May - Bob Woodrum, inventory technician, supply distribution
• June - Patti Quarton, environmental specialist, rehab
• July - Teagan Robinson, RN, ICU
• September - Molly Rearden, RN, women and infants center
• October - Paul Kotcher, security officer
• November - Phillip Broccardo, RN, NICU
• December - Larry Hanson, minister, spiritual care
Original source can be found here.