Village of Greenview Village Board met Sept. 9.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Norman Hofmann, Raymond VanCleve, Joseph Wohler, Roy Lee, Patrick Feagans, and Sarah Heavner were present. Other village personnel present were Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Police Chief John Holt, Village Clerk Monica Brumm and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
No Public Participation
Ken Ratliff gave the maintenance report. Discussion was had on water hook up charges. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Wohler. Report approved and filed into record.
John Holt gave the police report. A motion was made by Trustee Feagans and seconded by Trustee VanCleve to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the August 19th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on the painting of street signs.
1. Discussion was had on the resignation of Zoning Officer Chuck Ranson. A motion was made by Trustee Wohler and seconded by Trustee Lee to accept the resignation.
2. Discussion on filling the Zoning Officer position. Will be discussed at the first meeting in October.
3. Discussion was had on the possible Dollar General store and the annexation and zoning process, that the Village Attorney advised the process.
4. Discussion was had on the importance of filling out the 2020 census and possibly running an ad encouraging residents to fill out.
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Discussion had on Labor Day Celebration.
Trustee Wohler: Nothing
Trustee Lee: Nothing
Trustee Hofmann: Gave School Board Update
Treasurer: Has a call into auditors.
Clerk: Discussion on setting up water bills for auto withdraw each month for customers, would include making an ACH payment too. Advised that property that is being surveyed for sewer project should be done this week. Discussion had on items to put into “Welcome baskets” church wants to distribute.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm