Village of Greenview Village Board met Sept. 16.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Norman Hofmann, Raymond VanCleve, Joseph Wohler, Roy Lee, Patrick Feagans, and Sarah Heavner were present. Other village personnel present were Police Chief John Holt, Village Clerk Monica Brumm and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
Randy from Randy’s Tree Service was present and just wanted to say thank you to the board for the business and gave an update on the trees at the park that need to be removed.
Sheriff Oller was present just to touch base with the board to see if there any concerns or questions.
Jerry Cottingham gave the treasurer’s report. A motion was made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Feagans. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the September 9th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Hofmann to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. A motion was made by Trustee VanCleve and seconded by Trustee Wohler to approve the payment for Rt. 97 Cruisers to return to the 2020 Labor Day Celebration. All present in favor voted aye, motion passed.
2. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee VanCleve to approve the removal of all the trees in the park that are dying. All present in favor voted aye, motion passed.
3. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee Feagans to work with the bank to do automatic debits from customer accounts for their water bills. All present in favor voted aye, motion passed.
1. Trustee Hofmann said he was asked if it was possible to change the name of Palmer Street to Bulldog Blvd. Discussion was had, stated would have to have to check with the post office, they would have to contact the 911 system, and then everyone on that street would have to change their address, driver’s license, etc. Was suggested that they name the school “driveway/parking lot” Bulldog Blvd.
2. Discussion was had on allowing a business to use an old septic tank as a grease trap.
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Wohler: Nothing
Trustee Lee: Advised that the water heater went out in the shop and would have to have it replaced
Trustee Hofmann: Nothing
Treasurer: Auditors will be here October 24, 2019.
Clerk: Gave Volunteer Park Committee Update. Discussed that the trailer on Monroe did not sell, will look into purchasing for back taxes. Advised that surveys should be done this week. Discussion had on the use of the pavilion for the Community Wide Garage Sales on October 5th.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm